Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My Photo Shoot...Really

Believe it or not, my friend Richard coordinated a photo session for me...well really my belly. One of his friends does photography and was interested in getting some pregnancy photos which is how this came about and I will admit I was kind of excited about the idea. One thing led to another and I had basically written it off until a week or so ago when I got a phone call saying it was still on. Okay, again I was excited...up until I actually scheduled the appointment and then began talking about what kind of ideas were floating around. You see they are a bit more artsy than little ole modest me was ready for. I actually ended up having more anxiety about the whole thing than excitement. I came close to throwing the towel in and cancelling...I didn't want to disappoint them by them not being able to get the shots they were hoping for..."the naked but tasteful" kind. Anyway, with George's help I got the nerve to show up to the studio. From the minute I walked in the door everything turned out perfectly. Mike told me it was what I wanted and was comfortable doing (and it sounded like he really meant it). Then when Richard showed up, he didn't seem a bit shocked that modest Kristi had showed up and just went with it. Richard had great ideas and the two of them made Kristi getting her picture taken a day to remember. I cannot believe I enjoyed it so much since historically I'm not a fan of my picture being taken. The whole situation made me feel like a model for a couple of hours. Amazing!!!! Cannot wait to see the finished product and to have such beautiful images of the time I had with Nora in my tummy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of you! Please do share the pics when you get them!

Heather said...

I can't wait to see them!

Anonymous said...

Dude, that is so totally awesome. I've heard of celebs doing that plus it makes for an awesome gift for Nora later in life....

Anonymous said...

I think it all boils down to a "little bit" of modesty and a whole lot of honesty. I love you Bug!