Sunday, July 29, 2007

Fine Dining


Our first supper wasn't nearly as stellar as some that you hear about. We did introduce cereal for the first time last Sunday. She had suddenly decided that waking up in the middle of the night hungry was a good idea. I, however, wasn't so supportive of this idea. At Nora's 3 month visit the doctor said we could start giving her cereal at any time. This alone was a little shocking...everything I've heard and read was 6 months before this much awaited addition to the diet. I guess our doctor just realized no mom follows this anyway so she might as well give me the okay so I don't feel like I am breaking the rules. Anyway (geez...I am beginning to tell stories like my husband...ARGH) we had decided that once we got back from our trip we would give this a try and Nora played right into our hands with this waking up thing (every mom will tell you that cereal helps them sleep through the night). And yes...for a 3 and a 1/2 month old to only wake up once is pretty great, but frankly she has had us spoiled for 2 months and we really DON'T want to go backwards. Well, this time the anticipation was better than the reality. I made the cereal too watery so all she did was yell at me to give her food faster (I am sure you are shocked) and since it was watery all her poor tongue would do was push it right back out of her mouth. Needless to say night one...still awake and hungry. Sigh. The bright side...over the course of the week we have made big strides. The cereal stays in her mouth and more nights than not she has gone back to her old ways giving us a good 10-11 straight hours of night night time.

No comments: