Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Show Off

We had our 4 month checkup and shots yesterday. Everything is right on track. I was telling some of Nora's milestones over the past month and mentioned she had rolled over but that she only did it one night and I hadn't seen her do it again. Well wouldn't you know she pulled out a flip from her tummy to her back right then and there. Amazing...little show off! And to top it off, she took her shots like a champ...the nurse said she was very very brave and I would have to agree!

Doc said we could start introducing fruits anytime this month and then veggies at 5 months. I finally had to ask why she "approves" the start of food so early compared to most docs. Simply she said that she feels kids really do enjoy eating and it doesn't hurt. Hmm...are doctors finally listening to what mothers have been saying for centuries? So off to the store we went and bought some bananas and pears. I think we are going to make the big introductions this weekend or next. The fruit really should be in between her first and second bottles in the morning which would fall at daycare and frankly I don't have the energy to translate this one! So we may try it out this weekend but really start it daily when she starts her new daycare in 2 weeks. Did I mention a new daycare?!?! I am so excited. I just couldn't deal with the communication barrier. I was lucky enough to find another place highly recommended that was in my price range. I wasn't sure for a bit I was going to have a choice in the matter. It broke my heart everyday to pick her up and not get any feedback. Not that I would have expected a 10 minute play by play, but to hear if she had a good day or was cranky would be great!

But as always I digress. Things are good. Nora is growing and amazing us more and more everyday. Who would have ever thought that a child taking out her paci and being able to put it back in her mouth would be so friggin' cool?!?!?!

And finally...she is a whopping 15lbs 8oz and 25 1/4 inches long. Her weight is still in the 90th percentile and her length isn't far behind falling in between the 75th and 90th. Least she is proportionate. Hee hee!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah Nora!
I'm glad you found another daycare that is suiting you better. What was exactly wrong with the 1st one? You were lucky to find one that could let you in so soon. Most places have long wait lists!
Love you!

Kristi said...

I am very lucky! I truly believe she is getting taken care of very well now, however there is a huge communication gap...they are 99.9% spanish speaking and I am 99.9% white girl from upstate NY. It is very difficult getting even the simplest points across. Luckily, some folks from work pointed me in the direction of the new place and since school is starting up there are some kids transitioning to that so I lucked out!