Friday, August 31, 2007

Sweet Validation

Ah...some days you get just what you need. Yesterday one of my dearest friends gave me a call. I haven't laughed that hard since I was exchanging labor stories with another first time mom (that is a story for another day).

We were exchanging stories of our kids...her 3 and my 2...yes, that includes our husbands. It was nice to know it isn't me...it isn't just MY husband that cannot seem to find the closet to put his shoes away or put his keys and wallet in one of the multiple baskets I have purchased so his stuff isn't lying around or leaving for work doesn't equate to playtime with the kid(s) . I could go on...really.

Don't get me wrong, he does have his "chores" around the house...we both do. It is the little stuff that just makes me crazy. I think he likes the sound of my "bitchy" voice. Shit he has to...otherwise he would certainly TRY to put his shoes in the closet. Now I would understand if the shoes retaliated and jumped back out of the closet when he wasn't looking...after all you cannot control the action of one's shoes, right?!?! Or I could even understand if it was something new each time...but it is the nagging about the same stuff again and again and again.

Argh...husbands...the necessary evil.

Ahhh...friends who understand and put it all in perspective at least until the next time.

Thanks Heather, I needed that 10 minutes yesterday!!!!

No comments: