Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Kids Say...

the darndest things! Seriously the funniest thing happened to me this morning. I guess I should preface this by saying it is only funny because it was a bunch of 4 year-olds, otherwise, I just might have had a heart attach.

So dropped Nora off at daycare today...lately this has been a daddy thing so I haven't been around "school" in awhile. As we are getting Nora situated, one of her friends (from her bday party circle) came up to me and announced "Wow, your belly is really big!"

Normally (as you can see from my prior post) I would have been mortified. However, I could do nothing but get a big ole smile on my face and simply reply "well that is because there is a baby in there."

You should have seen her face light up. Immediately she started rubbing and patty my belly and then of course big sister Nora started doing the same explaining that it was her baby brother in there (sorry for any spoiler). This little girl was in awe. And before I knew it there was about 20 little girl hands all over my belly (yes, it was pretty much ONLY the girls, the boys definitely kept their distance...ha)! I think you could call me the class room show and tell this morning! It was pretty awesome!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yeah, I rememeber those days well while teaching a whole class of 4 year olds... I got fondled through out my pregnancies... lol...