Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Names

Wow...who would have ever "thunk" this would be such a hard thing to do? When you are growing up you always think of a name you wish you had or one you always liked and swore you would name your kid if the opportunity arose...then why is it so hard to make a decision. I have it easier than most, George has already laid claim to the name if it is a boy so the girl name is all mine. Ya sure he has to like it some, but overall I get the girl! Sounds like fun, but geez, this is something the kid has to live with forever. What kind of nicknames can you make? What does the initials spell? Does it sound right when you put it all together? Does it rhyme with anything? Will it sound good to yell when you are cheering for them...or when they are in trouble? All the silly things you think of when trying to come up with the perfect name!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Good luck darling! Mike and I bicker about names all the time. We both have very different ideas about what we want to name our children.

Anonymous said...

Whatever name you pick I'm sure it will be beautiful! I still can't believe you guys are going to have a baby!! YAY! I'll have to go up to Dallas when the baby is born.

Kristi said...

okay sis...you are going to have to sign your name as 'heather sis' or something. it is just way to odd that my sis and my friend are both named heather and have husbands named mike. And don't worry...not stressing much at all, that is just the crazy mind of kristi (aren't you glad you're NOT in my head)!!!

Kristi said...

so Myndi, is that an offer to babysit too! :-) we can't wait to see you!!!

Anonymous said...

Maria or Mario gets my vote! haha Not really. Just be careful what the initials spell out too and remember kids are mean. remember Georgie Porgie...........