Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

I remember a time when celebrating my birthday was down right painful. I hated to be the center of attention. How ironic is it that the older I have gotten, the more and more I like to acknowledge it. Isn't that the other way around for most folks? I couldn't wait to turn 30 since I had heard from so many people that they are your best years and I have to say I believe I will be saying that same thing to somebody else someday. It seems like half of my major life accomplishments have happened in the past 4 years...engaged, married, pregnant, buying a house, starting a family. And I wouldn't change a thing! Would I have loved all this in my 20's...probably...but I think I just value it a whole lot more now. So as for this year...I will embrace my last pre-mom birthday and do exactly as I want since Nora will be here in a month and everything will change once again. Will I still get the 6am phone call from my tone deaf parents singing Happy Birthday...I hope so. And will George try his hardest to get a Happy Birthday in before they call...probably. But it will be completely different and even more wonderful when my daughter wishes me a Happy Birthday and covers me with kisses and hugs!!! Now that will be a birthday present!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!! Miss you, love you!