Saturday, January 12, 2008

2008 and a Trip Away from Baby

Wow...I guessed I missed it...the first couple weeks of the new year that is. Evidently I have been preoccupied in 2008. I was planning my first outing without the little one...the thoughts that go with that are endless...but I made it...2 whole nights away. I am sure Daddy was excited to have time with Nora without the control freak lurking around every corner. It was fun to travel again, but man it is hard to be away. I left for a couple days and came home to a new tooth, being able to sit up from laying down (which is really quite comical to watch), and pulling herself up on a regular basis in the daycare cribs. Did I mention I was only gone for 2 nights?!?!?! Well, upon my return I found the house was still standing, only minimal dishes in the sink, a clean baby, a happy daddy and about 20 Nora kisses coupled with some odd smelling thing (was she trying to figure out if it was really me...watching the cats too much I guess...I will just be happy it was my neck, leg, and arm and not my....well you know where cats say HI).

Daddy took this with his phone to send to me while I was in Denver.

Anyway, Denver is beautiful...I cannot wait to go back on a non-working visit with Daddy and Nora!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I know first hand how hard it is to be away from your baby! I haven't left my kids for the night since I left T. to come to your reception when he was 4 months old!!! I think I am ready for a night without them both. I just don't think anyone else is ready to deal with my two for a night!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nora is still too beautiful!!! I love her eyes!!! And good job on the Denver trip...sounds like George was great! I love the picture he took for you...PRECIOUS!

Love, Tara

Anonymous said...

That was so thoughtful of George, guess I did a good job (LOL) Give both of them my love! Hope to see you soon!

Gabrielle said...

that would be cool...i think i erased your email by accident but i know your parents number by heart still!!! so, if we are up there sunday I would love to meet little miss nora!