Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The First Month

We actually made it through the first month and we are all still functioning...well kind of. Nora had her two week appointment and had already gained back her birth weight plus 3 oz and grew and inch (now at 8lbs 4 oz, 21 in). The doctor was very impressed by her...I guess she really enjoys her food...another part of her that is like her Mommy!

I have to admit, the thought that kept going through my brain once I was finally home alone with my darling little girl was "can we put her back in? Please, can we put her back in?" Looking back, life seemed so simple just anticipating her birth and her still being inside me. I cannot be the only one that had these thoughts. I had such an easy pregnancy, I was only finally getting a bit uncomfortable the last couple weeks. I couldn't complain...so I peed a lot, but I sure did eat well to make up for that little inconvenience! And now there is crying, up every couple hours instead of sleeping, stinky diapers...all the time, more crying...what is it she wants??? ARGH!


But then she starts growing a little bit more. She starts to really look at you, recognize you. She turns to your voice now and will just stare at you when you are holding her or lying next to her (yes sometimes she still gets to sleep with us...we know...we know...we just cannot resist...we will deal with the consequences later). :-) And then finally, you get that first smile. And you just know it isn't gas, it was a real smile. Your heart melts and you are suddenly so glad she is here and will take all those sleepless night, the crying, the poopy diapers if only you can see that smile one more time!!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah! Pictures and stories of Little Nora!
Everyday gets a bit easier Kristi. I'm sure you are doing an absolutely wonderful job of being a momma!

Anonymous said...

I am overjoyed and in tears right now! She is so beautiful. I promise I will try to come soon, I ended up having knee surgery on the 2nd and couldn't travel and then Myndi got side swiped and my car has been in the body shop for a month. Please give her a big hug and tell her I love her. G-Aunt Maria

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!! I think she does look like both of you. lol, I really want to go see her now... Hopefully soon. Hopefully!

Anonymous said...

Kristi, Nora is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the pictures!!!! What a doll! Bring her to SWA soon. :)

Love, Tara